We always want to talk with people who are interested in our work and share our values, and welcome your resume and work samples for review. Currently, we are looking for the right person for the following position(s):
Project Architect - Multifamily
Christopher Jones Architects is a Seattle based residential design firm founded on the belief that all buildings should be thoughtfully designed, well crafted, sustainable, and bring satisfaction to their owners. Every project is a partnership with our clients, and stands as a reflection of their goals in equal measure with our vision. The results are highly engaging places that improve people's lives.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented person to join us as a Project Architect. You will be working on all areas of design and documentation for our multifamily housing projects, coordinating production with the Project Manager, directing the work of junior staff, and coordinating with consultants. Most of our projects are in Seattle and Tacoma, however some experience in other surrounding jurisdictions would be valuable.
We share office space on Capitol Hill with a great local developer (who is also our client), so an ability to fit in and be friendly with a diverse group of people is important. We understand that everyone brings a wide range of talents to the table, but we’re looking for the following as a minimum:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree.
- 5-8 years of experience with mixed-use apartments and townhouses, including construction administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while delivering consistent results.
- Be dependable and a self-starter, with excellent written verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly present ideas to others.
- Ability to mentor junior staff and supervise their work.
- A thorough knowledge of Type V construction, and some experience with Type II.
- Have a strong understanding of the International Residential and Building Codes.
- A thorough knowledge of Seattle land use, building permit, and design review processes is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
In addition to flexible scheduling, we offer a competitive salary and benefits that include: fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid professional development; flexible paid time off instead of vacation & sick leave; and a pre-paid transit pass. Hiring at CJA is equal opportunity and is not based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.